Travis is currently at Stage 2 on the Escalation of Actualization scale. He knows he wants to be a successful filmmaker but hasn’t gotten his dreams off the ground.
The only thing in Travis’ way is Hez, which is hesitation as a result of being scared to take action.
Travis gives Grade A excuses like:
• I want to know my style better
• I need a mentor
• I’m not confident
• I want to change things up and move to a new city
• I don’t have the right ingredients
• I hope the day comes when I’m ready
• I’m excited now but I’m going to sabotage myself later
• And the all around classic: I don’t know
“An hour from now I’ll have a horrid thought about how horrible I am and how [awful] my writing is and then I’l just get back to square one. So I think it’s just fighting myself, how hard will I fight myself to get things done?” – The “Hez” of Travis Tate