What is Prologue Profiles and why does it exist?
If you want career inspiration, this is your show.
Prologue Profiles is a beautiful & inspiring podcast series sharing the stories of Generation Why Not™ – People ignoring their fears and going after their career dreams. Today, in 2013
Prologue Profiles exists to inspire you to join Generation Why Not™ and do what you really want to do with your life. Right now.
Prologue Profiles is mad real: Guests discuss the frustration and fear of not knowing what to do with their lives and the actions they took to create a life they’re proud to live.
A typical episode uncovers: What’s it like to go after your career dreams? How do you make things happen? What are the ups? The downs? How do you overcome your fears? What’s it like to do what you do? What advice do they have for us?
Prologue Profiles was created in April 2012 by Dan Feld, who up to that point had no idea what to do with his life. (More on his story below).
Where to start:
• Explore the Episode Library
- Standout episodes include:
- Jeff Laub, 29, who left law to create the Blind Barber, a bar/barbershop concept in NYC and LA.
- Fabiola Arias, 26, a fashion designer who launched her couture eveningwear line while still studying at Parsons and has won the FGI Rising Star award for womenswear
- Justin Bridges, 27, who left Goldman Sachs to become a fashion photographer with clients such as GQ, Giorgio Armani and Steven Madden.
- Rameet Chawla, 30, who left finance to create a mobile design and development company, Fueled, with 60+ employees.
- Brian Trunzo, 29, who left law to create his own menswear shop, Carson Street Clothiers in Soho, NYC.
• Browse by Category
• Looking for stories of people who’ve switched career paths? Check out the Pivots category
• Sign up to the mailing list located on the right of the page for episode and event updates
Listen on the go:
• You can subscribe to Prologue Profiles on iTunes and then load episodes onto your mobile device as you would a song
• iPhone users can subscribe by searching for Prologue Profiles on the Podcast App
• Smartphone users can listen on Stitcher
What people are saying:
Real iTunes reviews from real people:
“I started with the Jeff Laub episode and a domino effect took place. If you are interested in taking your life to the next level, this is the show for you.” - @StateoftheA_R_T
“Everyone feels like they can be an “entrepreneur” these days and Prologue Profiles speakers demystify the process. I also love that the topics, speakers and personalities are all super varied. Keep ‘em coming!” - Alexis Meisels
“On my Monday commute to work I look forward to popping in my headphones and getting a healthy dose of inspiration from Prologue Profiles. A must listen for anyone who has ever wanted to do something amazing.” – Ralph Logan
“As a budding entrepreneur, you often come across moments of frustration, of doubt, of pure fear. But through these stories from such a diverse group of people you learn that we all face these issues. More importantly, they teach you to keep going. Every time I put on an episode I find new energy, new bright thoughts, and new ways to look inside myself to find the courage I need. They’ll strike a chord with you, I promise you that.” - JonesMachine
Introducing: Prologue Sessions – The Live Event Series For Realizing Your Career Dreams
After interviewing 40+ over the past year, we realized that there’s nothing different about these amazing people doing amazing things. They have the same fears we do. It’s just that they choose what they want over their fears. It’s their mindset aka the Prologue Perspective. And so we’ve created an event to make this perspective available to people to empower them to realize their career dreams. And we’re calling this event Prologue Sessions. We’ve had 7 events so far and they’ve been magical.
About Dan Feld and the making of Prologue Profiles
It was the Spring of 2011, Dan was 27 years old and felt trapped at his desk job in NYC. He was desperate to hit the eject button, but not sure how.
He decided he would take action—he really wanted to help people and decided to become a teacher.
Dan joined Teach For America, quit his job, and drove 1,200 miles south to the Mississippi Delta where he committed to teach for the next 2 years.
He didn’t make it through the summer.
Dan found himself living back at home without a plan. Confusion, frustration and depression took over.
Eventually he realized that he’s not the only one trying to figure things out. (Btw, this is the book that helped him get out of bed again (specifically Part 2))
At the same time, some of his friends were taking risks making their dreams happen. Dan felt compelled to share their stories to inspire people like him.
The thinking is: by understanding what’s possible, we’re more open to creating new possibilities for ourselves.
And here we are.
You can contact Dan at: Dan@PrologueProfiles.com
Proudly based in the historic district of Jersey City, NJ
As featured in: